Tuesday, May 18, 2010

MLB: HANLEY RAMIREZ

Marlins;

Ramirez VS. Gonzalez 

Hanley Ramirez, Benched IN Monday Night's Game.
2-Time All-Star SS Said He Lost Respect For Manager Fredi Gonzalez.
The 1st Inning, Ramirez Fouled A Ball Off His Left Leg, Above His Ankle. STILL PLAYED, But Was Clearly HURTING.
Ramirez's Effort Level QUESTIONED In The 2nd.
Tony Abreu Blooped A Hit In Sort Left. Hobbling, Ramirez Accidentally KICKED The Ball To The Left-Field Corner. 2 Runners Score WHILE Ramirez JOGGED TO The Ball. Abreu TRIPLE'S, & A Error Charged On The SS RAMIREZ.

"I wasn't trying to give up, That was the hardest I could go after the ball. I don't know. It looked like it. That's the example [[[Gonzalez]]] set with me. If you don't hustle, hopefully, he does it with everybody. " -Ramirez

"It's OK. He doesn't understand that. He never played in the big leagues. That's fine,That's the example that he set. It started with me. Let's see how far it goes. We've got 24 more guys. Hopefully they can do the same thing I do. They wear the Marlins uniform. I was trying to stay in the game. I didn't want to get out of the game. It's his team. He can do what he [BLEEPING] wants" -Ramirez

"I think he needs to talk to his teammates a little bit, Whatever feelings he has with me or doesn't have with me, it's fine & dandy. We don't have to get along, but I think he has to get along with the other 24 guys on this team. When that happens, we'll run him back in there. When he sets his ego aside, this could be good. We expect an effort from 25 guys on this team. When that doesn't happen, we've got to do something, I think he needs to take care of the situation, When he handles that, the right way, we'll be fine." -Gonzalez.

Gonzalez SENT RAMIREZ To The Clubhouse After The 2nd.
Ramirez, Batting .293 , 7 HR's & 20 RBI's.


"There's 24 guys out there that are busting their butts. Cody Ross got hit with a ball 95 mph & it wasn't hit or thrown any slower & he stayed in the game making diving plays & battling, got 2 hits & an RBI. There are some injuries there, but we expect an effort from 25 guys on this team & when that doesn't happen, we have got to do something." -Gonzalez.
-JONAH C. GEIDEMAN 2010' BLOGGERBALL SPORTS TEXT: 216.235.7967

No comments: