Saturday, October 12, 2013

Adrian Petersons 2-Year-old Son Dies

NFL Star RB Adrian Peterson 2-Year-old Son Dies: 

-JONAH C. GEIDEMAN 2013' BLOGGERBALLSPORTS 

 "I want to start off by saying I really appreciate all the support that I’ve been receiving from fans & the Vikings organization,. This is a private matter and I would ask y’all to please just respect my privacy and not ask at all about the situation at hand."

~Peterson

The 2-year-old son of NFL star Adrian Peterson died Friday in a South Dakota hospital after he was beaten by a man dating the boy's mother, A release from the Sioux City police department said "the toddler died from injuries sustained during the aggravated assault Wednesday." a person with knowledge of the situation had confirmed it was Peterson's son. 

The police said Joseph Robert Patterson had made a court appearance in the case and was being held on $750,000 cash bond. Patterson, 27, was arrested Thursday night & is charged with aggravated assault & aggravated battery of an infant. The arrest was made after police & paramedics were called to an apartment @ 5:43 p.m. Wednesday & found the 2-year-old victim with injuries "consistent with abuse."

Despite the tragic news, Peterson said he was determined to play Sunday when the Vikings host the Carolina Panthers.

"I plan on playing Sunday. I will be playing Sunday, let me correct that. Be ready to roll, focused and ready to get a 'W' on Sunday. Football is something I will always fall back on. It gets me through tough times. Just being around the guys in here, that's what I need in my life, guys supporting me. ... Things that I go through, I've said a thousand times, it helps me play this game to a different level. I'm able to kind of release a lot of my stress through this sport, so that's what I plan on doing.''
   
Current & former professional athletes wished Peterson well on @Twitter, expressing support, offering prayers & voicing disgust about the abuse.
 WE HERE @BLOGGERBALLSPORTS SEND OUR WARMEST REGARDS TO YOU ADRIAN.
GOD BE WITH YOU & YOUR FAMILY.

No comments: